Friday, January 18, 2008

True Horoscope Signs / Todelliset Aurinkomerkit

I just tried the Facebook application "Birthday Sky: My True Sign". It seemed like an unusually good application for Facebook, and because of the implications of the information it provides, it's unusual as a Facebook application in that I, a Scientific Skeptic, also like it. :-)

My only criticism of the application is that the box it created on my Profile now claims that I'm a Leo although I had previously mistakenly believed that I'm a Virgo. Not true! I've known for many years that I'm a Leo, even though tabloid horoscopes claim otherwise. :-)

Ok, that's not to be taken too seriously.

For those who don't want to, or cannot, use the application, here are the approximate dates for the various Sun Signs:

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

Not that it much matters what one's Sun Sign is. Astrology is, as everyone should know, simply a stupid pseudo-science now. In other words, it's BS.

*

I'm attaching a copy of a page from an old issue Skeptikko, the Finnish magazine for Scientific Skepticism. I'm pretty sure I have the permission to do so.

No comments: